DC BLACK LABEL [News]: ‘The Other History’ of the DC Universe.
This August, DC Entertainment will start a new imprint called Black Label. The concept is for some of the biggest name creators in the industry to craft out-of-continuity tales on likely the biggest guns of the DCU.
DC Entertainment co-publisher Jim Lee spoke to The Hollywood Reporter in regards to this news. “Creating DC Black Label doubles down on our commitment to working with all-star talent and trusting them to tell epic, moving stories that only they can tell with the highest levels of creative freedom.”
The initiative will be spearheaded by a three issue mini-series titled Superman: Year One written by Frank Miller with art by John Romita Jr.
These are the other proposed titles:
- Batman: Damned by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo
- Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Phil Jimenez
- Batman: Last Knight on Earth by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo
- Wonder Woman: Diana’s Daughter by Greg Rucka and an artist to be announced
- The Other History of the DC Universe by John Ridley and an artist to be announced.
Whether fans clamor or cringe at the news, these books are sure to be a hot topic of conversation for the foreseeable future.