***UPDATE*** The Amazon “Exclusives” from yesterday that.. never showed up are now available at HasbroPulse. I’ve moved all 3 items to the top of the list. Check it out and pre-order now!
May the first be with you. It’s a new month, and what better way to kick off this new day, new era, new outlook of hope than with Star Wars. We’re a few days away from Disney/Lucasfilm’s annual May the 4th celebration, but Hasbro gave in to the Force and delivered some hot “new” reveals…
I say “new” with hesitation since, as the Hasbro line hardcores and online troll-Jedis predicted, many of the revelations from this morning’s Hasbro Pulse Fan First Friday event were repaints/rehashes/recolors.
Of course, I’d love a Moff Gideon Black Series 6″ reveal, Darth Maul’s red-masked, Dathomirian-horned Clone Troopers (from this season of The Clone Wars)– you know, anything current and cool. But, with the 40th Celebration of Empire Strikes Back, you knew that stuff was saved for whatever virtual Comic-Con reveal we may get this summer. With that said, I’m pretty OK with what Hasbro showed today.
Let’s take a look.
CARBONIZED DARTH VADER
So, hear me out right… I straight told Hasbro to #GoBlue and get us a Blue Vader Bomb and damn did they ever! They went with the Ralph McQuarrie concept blue hue for this Black Series Carbonized Darth Vader since a black carbonized figure would.. just be black. I love it. But…
Looks like the Amazon thing fell through! Sucks, because now I gotta pay $6.99 shipping for the only figure I want. But, sure beats a scalper price on Ebay. For $24.99, you can now cop Darth Carbon on Hasbro Pulse.
- Once a heroic Jedi Knight, Darth Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force, became a Sith Lord, and led the Empire’s eradication of the Jedi Order
- Fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the Star Wars Galaxy with this premium Darth Vader toy, inspired by the Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back movie
- The Star Wars The Black Series Carbonized Collection is treated with a sleek metallic finish for a premium figure that really stands out in any Star Wars fan’s collection.
- Star Wars fans and collectors can display this highly poseable (4 fully articulated limbs) figure, featuring premium deco, in their action figure and vehicle collection
40TH ANNIVERSARY 4-LOM & ZUCKASS
These 40th Anniversary Black Series 4-LOM & Zuckass are real dope, and were a nice surprise at today’s reveal. If you want both bounty hunters, then you’re in luck; because for $49.99, they 2-pack is now available on Hasbro Pulse.
- When Kenner first produced the 4-LOM and Zuckuss figures, the names somehow got reversed. In this Star Wars 2-pack, the original packaging has been recreated — switched names and all
- Fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the Star Wars Galaxy with these premium 4-LOM and Zuckuss toys, inspired by the Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back movie
- Star Wars fans and collectors can display these highly poseable (4 fully articulated limbs) figures, featuring premium deco, in their Star Wars collections
40TH ANNIVERSARY HAN SOLO CARBONITE
Let’s get this straight: you’re telling me the only actual carbonized character from Star Wars isn’t part of the carbonized action figure collection? Oh, okay. Well, if you can’t wait until the inevitable 40-year The Last Jedi celebration (which should finally carbonize the carbonite), you can pick up this Black Series Han Solo (Carbonite) 40th Anniversary Figure on Hasbro Pulse for $14.99.
- Before attempting to trap Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader tested the carbon-freezing process on Han Solo. The smuggler survived, and was later freed by Princess Leia in Jabba the Hutt’s palace
- Celebrate 40 years of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes back with this Han Solo (Carbonite) The Black Series action figure featuring 1980s-inspired design
THE CHILD MONOPOLY
Oh, just call it Baby Yodapoly for crying out loud! Coming in September for $19.99, you can pre-order the Star Wars: The Mandalorian – The Child Edition Monopoly set here (Hasbro Pulse) or here (Entertainment Earth).
Includes gameboard, 4 cardboard tokens with pawn stands, 18 Title Deed cards, 16 Bounty Puck cards, 16 Camtono cards, 32 plastic hideouts, 12 plastic common houses, 12 dice, money pack, and game guide.
- This Star Wars edition of the Monopoly board game is inspired by the The Mandalorian live-action TV series on Disney Plus
- Play as The Child (or affectionately known as “Baby Yoda” by fans) in different poses such as eating a frog, using the force, drinking a cup of broth, and sitting in the Hoverpram
- Players travel around the board buying and trading objects from The Child’s adventures. Buy Hideouts and pay to upgrade to Common Houses
- The gameboard features places and objects The Mandalorian fans will recognize such as a Cup of Broth, a Frog, Tracking FOB, Razor Crest Cockpit, and Razor Crest Storage Bay
PROTOTYPE BOBA FETT ELECTRONIC HELMET
It’s…a white helmet! Yay? All jokes aside, I’m a huge Boba Fett fan — the biggest I know! — but your mileage may vary on this one. If I collected helmets, I’d get it. The Black Series Boba Fett (Prototype Armor) Electronic Helmet will also release in September. For $99.99, you can pre-order here and here.
- Boba Fett was initially envisioned as a “Super Stormtrooper” with a white look to his iconic Mandalorian armor
- Featuring highly-detailed design and interior padding, adjustable fit, and electronic lights, this full-scale Boba Fett (Prototype Armor) helmet is an iconic addition to any Star Wars fan’s collection
- With the press of a button the rangefinder drops down, activating 2 red LEDs that flash in a “hunting” pattern as well as a white LED-illuminated heads-up display (HUD)
- Celebrate 40 years of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
ROGUE ONE STORMTROOPER / KAMINO CLONE TROOPER
The ” Black Series Kamino Clone Trooper (a.k.a. Wolf Grey Kamino!) and Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper (a.k.a Yes Another F’N Stormtrooper!) will be available for pre-order on 5/28/2020.
STORMTROOPER LUKE SKYWALKER
- Aboard the Death Star, Luke Skywalker, disguised as a Stormtrooper, staged a rescue mission alongside Han Solo to save Princess Leia Organa from Darth Vader
- Star Wars The Vintage Collection 3.75-inch-scale classic Star Wars figures and vehicles feature original Kenner branding (Each sold separately. Subject to availability.)
- This Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper) action figure is inspired by the character in Star Wars: A New Hope, and makes a great gift for Star Wars collectors and fans ages 4 and up
- Highly poseable with realistic detail, the Star Wars Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper) figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections
JEDI TRAINING LUKE & YODA
Lots of articulation here! Luke looks especially great, and there is an infinite amount of poses you can set up with his Jedi Master-Backpack Yoda in tow. The Black Series Luke Skywalker and Yoda (Jedi Training) set is very cool, but I’m worried it will chill on pegs with the $44.99 price tag. If that doesn’t bother you, pre-order here and here and here. Set to release in August, September and October a.k.a. neither Hasbro Pulse, Entertainment Earth nor Amazon know!
- At the urging of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda agreed to instruct Luke Skywalker, developing his Jedi abilities
- Celebrate 40 years of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back with The Black Series Star Wars The Black Series Luke Skywalker and Yoda (Jedi Training) deluxe action figures
Which were your favorites from Friday morning’s Fan First Friday? Which did you pre-order (or at least try to)? Let me know in the comments down below!