AFTERPARTY (Night School Studio – PC – 2019) – I’ve an afterparty to attend. Since being fashionably late is important, I’ve decided to write a bit about the upcoming title Afterparty as part of GHG’s #E3 previews before I leave. HUZZAH!! If you enjoyed Night School Studio’s big title they’re known for–Oxenfire–then you’re pretty much guaranteed to enjoy this one…
If you don’t know what an Oxenfire is and Night School Studio is the thing you attend from 7-11 pm, I’m here to enlighten you. In Afterparty, you and your BFF just died and went to hell. You want out and discovered a loophole: out drink SATANAS, BEELZEBUB, BELIAL, LITTLE HORN, OLD SCRATCH, LUCIFER, ABBADON… etc, etc… And you can get out. Good luck. [Sidenote: “Dark geeks”, don’t write in correcting that some of those are actually other demons and not actually him; I know, and no one cares, just going by general media terms.]
As far as gameplay is concerned, hope you’re not wishing for action. I know I mentioned hell, but if you want action, go for DmC, Darksiders, or Doom. This is sidescrolling Telltale (RIP) with a lot more freedom in what to do, say, and where to go. Visually, it has that.. honestly.. kinda overused indy 2D “look”? It’s hard to describe, but when you see it, chances are you’ll go “oh that, yeah, I see what he means”. Don’t get me wrong, I like it, and I get it. It works, it’s cost effective, and it’s pretty. But yeah.. Just saying, you see it a lot.
Before I leave you, have some small, hopeless bites:
- Killer Instinct is still amazing. Really hope MS does something else with the IP.
- Sunset Overdrive 2? Please?… Hello?
- Just waiting for Alan Wake with a blank expression on my face, like that asshole Bran Stark.
- Really, Nintendo? Ultimate Alliance is one of the most anticipated titles of the year, the franchise has been dormant for a decade, and you’re not doing a collector’s edition? Ugh.
- Come on, MS. Gears Tactics not coming to Xbox is such bs. You’re toying with us, right?
- Disney Infinity returns!!!!… Please? I just want Thanos and The Black Order in that cool Infinity design. And another Iron Man. The only one released was meh… And Daredevil… And…